CA's Acquisition of Orchestria
We're Seeking Input
We're writing an analysis of CA's recent acquisition of Orchestria. We'd like to hear from anyone that can help us with the following:
- Orchestria's revenue and profit/loss history
- Terms of the deal
- The main business problems Orchestria faced over the last two years
- How Orchestria sought a buyer, and how the negotiations with CA proceeded
- External funding received by Orchestria during its history
- The main challenges CA will face in making the acquisition a success
- Comparable transactions. We know about McAfee/Reconnex, Symantec/Vontu, EMC/Tablus, and Websense/PortAuthority
- Related acquisitions by CA: price paid, and price/revenue multiple. We know about Netegrity and iLumin
- Any Orchestria technology that will be made redundant as a result of the acquisition. Ie, Orchestria technology that won't be used by CA
- CA's identity and access management revenues
- Any other information that's relevant!
Contact David Ferris on +1 415 367 3436, or firstname.lastname@example.org. Unless you indicate otherwise, we will assume that all communications are confidential. In return, let us know any transaction information you would like to have, and we will try to return the favor.
Thanks and hope to hear from you.
Archived Emails Cast Harsh Light on Peanut Executive
Once again the importance of archiving email is revealed in the recent scandal involving tainted peanut butter and the executive who issued orders to ship peanut products that tested positive for salmonella. See, for example, this Wall Street Journal article. Internal company emails were examined by the House Energy and Commerce Committee to reveal the truth.
The article underscores the importance of archiving email for its business content. For matters of business content, intellectual property, and as a record of written statements made by employees, all companies must adopt an email policy for retention and consider carefully how they will respond to investigations and requests for email records. An email archival solution is designed to retain email and make it accessible for quick search and discovery. ... Bob Spurzem