CA's Acquisition of Orchestria
We're Seeking Input
We're writing an analysis of CA's recent acquisition of Orchestria. We'd like to hear from anyone that can help us with the following:
- Orchestria's revenue and profit/loss history
- Terms of the deal
- The main business problems Orchestria faced over the last two years
- How Orchestria sought a buyer, and how the negotiations with CA proceeded
- External funding received by Orchestria during its history
- The main challenges CA will face in making the acquisition a success
- Comparable transactions. We know about McAfee/Reconnex, Symantec/Vontu, EMC/Tablus, and Websense/PortAuthority
- Related acquisitions by CA: price paid, and price/revenue multiple. We know about Netegrity and iLumin
- Any Orchestria technology that will be made redundant as a result of the acquisition. Ie, Orchestria technology that won't be used by CA
- CA's identity and access management revenues
- Any other information that's relevant!
Contact David Ferris on +1 415 367 3436, or email@example.com. Unless you indicate otherwise, we will assume that all communications are confidential. In return, let us know any transaction information you would like to have, and we will try to return the favor.
Thanks and hope to hear from you.
Beejive Mobile Instant Messaging Client
Beejive has produced a very nice mobile instant messaging client for iPhone, BlackBerry, and Windows Mobile. It supports a number of IM protocols.
I tried out Beejive on the iPhone, using XMPP (the Internet Standard eXtensible Messaging and Presence Protocol). The protocol support is good, and the user experience and interface are excellent. I liked the way that the XMPP Roster (buddy list) and chat screens were integrated together. It looks good and is very easy to set up and use. The $15.99 price is attractive. ... Steve Kille