CA's Acquisition of Orchestria
We're Seeking Input
We're writing an analysis of CA's recent acquisition of Orchestria. We'd like to hear from anyone that can help us with the following:
- Orchestria's revenue and profit/loss history
- Terms of the deal
- The main business problems Orchestria faced over the last two years
- How Orchestria sought a buyer, and how the negotiations with CA proceeded
- External funding received by Orchestria during its history
- The main challenges CA will face in making the acquisition a success
- Comparable transactions. We know about McAfee/Reconnex, Symantec/Vontu, EMC/Tablus, and Websense/PortAuthority
- Related acquisitions by CA: price paid, and price/revenue multiple. We know about Netegrity and iLumin
- Any Orchestria technology that will be made redundant as a result of the acquisition. Ie, Orchestria technology that won't be used by CA
- CA's identity and access management revenues
- Any other information that's relevant!
Contact David Ferris on +1 415 367 3436, or email@example.com. Unless you indicate otherwise, we will assume that all communications are confidential. In return, let us know any transaction information you would like to have, and we will try to return the favor.
Thanks and hope to hear from you.
Exchange 14 Addresses Storage Management
Our sources tell us that the next version of Microsoft Exchange, "Exchange 14," will have major improvements to its storage management.
One of Exchange's biggest problems is that the mailboxes are often now large--1 or 2 GB or more. This translates to poor performance and backups that take too long.
Two key technologies will be used to support large mailboxes:
- Low-cost, high-capacity SATA disk drives. These new high-capacity disks are perfect for storing email long term, except that their performance is lacking compared to the high-performance SCSI disks that Exchange typically uses.
- Storage tiers. Under policy management, Exchange can move email based on age and size to a second tier of storage, while maintaining mailbox consistency.
Can anyone contribute further information? If you want anonymity, email firstname.lastname@example.org. ... Bob Spurzem