CA's Acquisition of Orchestria
We're Seeking Input
We're writing an analysis of CA's recent acquisition of Orchestria. We'd like to hear from anyone that can help us with the following:
- Orchestria's revenue and profit/loss history
- Terms of the deal
- The main business problems Orchestria faced over the last two years
- How Orchestria sought a buyer, and how the negotiations with CA proceeded
- External funding received by Orchestria during its history
- The main challenges CA will face in making the acquisition a success
- Comparable transactions. We know about McAfee/Reconnex, Symantec/Vontu, EMC/Tablus, and Websense/PortAuthority
- Related acquisitions by CA: price paid, and price/revenue multiple. We know about Netegrity and iLumin
- Any Orchestria technology that will be made redundant as a result of the acquisition. Ie, Orchestria technology that won't be used by CA
- CA's identity and access management revenues
- Any other information that's relevant!
Contact David Ferris on +1 415 367 3436, or email@example.com. Unless you indicate otherwise, we will assume that all communications are confidential. In return, let us know any transaction information you would like to have, and we will try to return the favor.
Thanks and hope to hear from you.
Content Circles: ECM Lite
Content Circles is a sort of easy-to-use-and-install ECM system:
- Allows users to work on shared files.
- System tracks the status of each version of a file; e.g. who opened it, who has control, etc.
- PC and Mac rich clients.
- Users maintain files locally.
- Simple to use and maintain.
- Directory service in the cloud authenticates users.
- The cloud also maintains information on access controls, metadata, and file tracking.
- Computers share the files using a Torrent-like peer-to-peer protocol.
- Synchronization with other repositories, including SharePoint, Google Docs, FTP Servers, and network drives through APIs.
- API provides for integration with traditional ECM systems.
- Initial target markets are engineering, construction, architecture, and creative design/advertising.
- Pricing: $24.95/month for people who initiate a workspace ("a content circle"); free for people who participate in a workspace.
- Launched January 2009.
Sounds interesting and useful; we look forward to learning more. ... David Ferris