Ferris Research studies messaging, and the control of electronic information. More specifically, we help IT staff evaluate and implement products and services that:
- Provide messaging and collaborative technologies
- Archive electronic information
- Ensure compliance with corporate policy, industry regulations, and laws
- Facilitate e-discovery, and contain its costs
- Reduce the dangers of information leaks
Email is the most important type of electronic information that requires control today. Other important types include instant messages, Sharepoint teamspaces, images, voice, video, and miscellaneous desktop files.
We've been in business since 1990--longer than any other analyst firm in our field:
- Clients include 300 of the world's 1,000 largest organizations, and computer vendors from the largest corporations to small startups
- While other analysts have come and gone, we've published more than 200 formal reports and 1,100 short bulletins
- Our news service covers more than 2,000 highly specialized announcements annually
- We have nine experts in our research team, sharing many decades of experience in our core competencies
In short, our technology and industry depth helps you understand today's products, where they've come from and where they're going.