Oct 27: Alt-N Technologies SecurityPlus for MDaemon Announced
Daily Summary of the Main Messaging News
| || |
Sign up for the Ferris Free News Service here.
October 27, 2006
- Zero-Hour Antivirus and Real-Time Spam Protection Now Available to MDaemon Users More
- Alt-N Technologies Continues to Deliver Trusted Messaging Solutions More
- Castelle Reports Financial Results for Third Quarter and Nine Months of Fiscal Year 2006 More
- Symantec Reports Solid Second Quarter Earnings More
Insights & Observations
Exchange Administrators Will Need to Learn PowerShell More
Other News and Insights in Today's For-Fee Version of This Newsletter:
- Email Classification: Exchange 2007 Takes an Important Step
- Cisco Acquires Orative
- RADVISION Third Quarter 2006
- Sprint Nextel Reports Third Quarter 2006 Results
ABOUT FERRIS RESEARCH
Ferris Research is an analyst firm specializing on the business use of email and collaborative technologies. Our clients are IT professionals or vendors active in this field.
Topics we cover:
| spam control || email |
| email retention & archiving || mobile messaging devices |
| web conferencing || consumer messaging services |
| email encryption || email migrations & upgrades |
| regulations compliance || instant messaging |
| ISP messaging || team workspaces |
Our main services are:
- Information service for IT professionals. See here
- Information service for vendors of email and collaborative technologies. See here
- Educational white papers, written for vendors. See here.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and mention that you saw this listing on Ferris.com.
|Director of Marketing |
Location: New York City
|Responsible for overall marketing communications strategy and execution in the US market |
Want to Place a Job Ad? We've just started this new section in our newsletters. If you're looking to hire someone that has messaging skills, send us your ad and we'll run it. It's a great way to connect, because over 4,000 messaging professionals read the newsletters. And best of all, there's no charge! Send ads to email@example.com. Other details:
- Start with the job title. Then give a line or two that elaborates, and contact information
- Readers are spread across many countries. The largest numbers are in the US, UK, Canada, Germany, Netherlands
- IT managers: All types of messaging professionals read the newsletters, so it's a good place to find messaging support staff
- Vendors: Don't send ads for lower level positions, or positions that don't require a messaging background, such as QA engineers. The people who read our newsletters are specifically interested in messaging
| Reference: |
- Recent Ferris Reports:
- Upcoming Ferris Reports:
- Recent Ferris Webinars:
- Upcoming Ferris Webinars:
- Industry Conferences, see here.
CALL FOR SPEAKERS AT FERRIS WEBINARS
Sender Authentication, Jan 17
Emerging Messaging Technologies, Feb 21
Ferris Research is soliciting speakers for the following webinars:
Sender Authentication, Jan 17. Sender authentication (or authorization) allows domain owners to publish information to help expose forged messages. It authenticates mail that legitimately comes from that domain. Industry leaders and messaging managers comment on the use of sender authentication. Topics include what the various authentication schemes are, how they work, their history, their future, how they assist with reputation services, how to choose which to use; how to implement on the sender side.
Emerging Messaging Technologies, Feb 21. Short presentations from interesting new firms with promising and innovative technology. Industry leaders and messaging managers comment on the technologies that have the greatest potential.
Speakers talk for five to 10 minutes on the topic and are joined by three or four other speakers. Attendees are IT staff supporting email technologies, consultants, vendor product managers, and investors.
The webinars start at 8:30 a.m. PST and last one hour. We typically have at least 500 registrants and around 200 actual attendees, so it's good exposure. Participating vendors also have the opportunity to use the events as lead generators by promoting the event to prospective customers.
In return, we'll give you a six-month subscription to our for-fee news service, which provides comprehensive coverage of messaging and collaboration technology. It's an extremely quick way to keep current with the news, and is normally only available to organizations that subscribe to our full information service. See a sample here.
Please contact Mona Cohen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Welcome to our new-look newsletter; we welcome your opinions and feedback. Send correspondence to email@example.com. Thank you!
About Ferris Free Daily Newsletter ... Summarizes the main messaging and collaboration news. To sign up, go here. For comprehensive news coverage, subscribe to our Analyzer Information Service. Have news you want to share with us? Send press releases and conference announcements relevant to messaging to firstname.lastname@example.org. Copyright © Ferris Research 2006.