September 14, 2006
- Fully Loaded: New and Improved SPAMfighter Exchange Module Just Released More
- Solegy Announces Multi-Protocol Presence Service More
- WebEx Targets Millions of At-Work Instant Messaging Users with First On-Demand Enterprise IM Solution More
- Gordano Announces New Release of Messaging Suite More
- ISPCON Fall 2006 More
- Alcatel announces My Teamwork for Microsoft Office Communicator 2005 More
Insights & Observations
Domain Assurance Council -- Interesting New Trade Body More
Other News and Insights in Today's For-Fee Version of This Newsletter:
- M1's Mobile Blogging service offers customers ease and spontaneity for blogging on the go
- Raketu Launches Next Generation Services -- Beyond Skype With No Supernodes
- eGain announces financial results for the fourth quarter and fiscal year ended June 30, 2006
ABOUT FERRIS RESEARCH
Ferris Research is an analyst firm specializing on the business use of email and collaborative technologies. Our clients are IT professionals or vendors active in this field.
Topics we cover:
| spam control|| email|
| email retention & archiving|| mobile messaging devices|
| web conferencing|| consumer messaging services|
| email encryption|| email migrations & upgrades|
| regulations compliance|| instant messaging|
| ISP messaging|| team workspaces|
Our main services are:
- Information service for IT professionals. See here
- Information service for vendors of email and collaborative technologies. See here
- Educational white papers, written for vendors. See here
- Recent Ferris Reports:
- Upcoming Ferris Reports:
- Recent Ferris Webinars:
- Upcoming Ferris Webinars:
- Industry Conferences, see here
| | CALL FOR SPEAKERS AT FERRIS WEBINARS
Hosted Exchange, Nov 15
Email Archiving and Usage Policies, Dec 13
Ferris Research is soliciting speakers for the following webinars:
Hosted Exchange, Nov 15. Many organizations would like to outsource their email system. But, with the exception of individuals and small organizations, this hasn't happened. There have been technical challenges, such as slow WAN links and overly chatty client-server protocols, as well as organizational challenges. Now outsourcing Microsoft Exchange is becoming more practical. We discuss major offerings.
Email Archiving and Usage Policies, Dec 13. Many organizations are developing or revising their email archiving and usage policies. Messaging managers and industry consultants present their perspectives on effective policies. Topics include identifying resources for policy development, determining policy needs, implementation, communication, training, and monitoring.
Speakers talk for five to 10 minutes on the topic and are joined by three or four other speakers. Attendees are IT staff supporting email technologies, consultants, vendor product managers, and investors.
The webinars start at 8:30 a.m. PST and last one hour. We typically have at least 500 registrants and around 200 actual attendees, so it's good exposure. Participating vendors also have the opportunity to use the events as lead generators by promoting the event to prospective customers.
In return, we'll give you a six-month subscription to our for-fee news service, which provides comprehensive coverage of messaging and collaboration technology. It's an extremely quick way to keep current with the news, and is normally only available to organizations that subscribe to our full information service. See a sample here.
Please contact Mona Cohen at email@example.com.