September 13, 2006
- Proofpoint Introduces Enterprise-class Virtual Appliance for Messaging Security More
- Symantec's Norton AntiVirus 2007, Norton Internet Security 2007 Provide State-Of-The-Art Security and Performance to Protect Against Today's Newest Threats More
- 29West Announces Ultra Messaging for the Enterprise More
- Ipswitch, Inc., Announces Worldwide Availability of IMail Server Plus 2006.1 More
- Beyond Blogs and Wikis: Traction TeamPage Release 3.7 Delivers Secure and Scalable Web Collaboration More
- Bluebeam Software releases v. 4.7 and renames all desktop products under the brand, Bluebeam PDF Revu More
- Polycom Announces First Recording, Streaming and Archiving Solution for High Definition Multimedia Conferences More
Insights & Observations
SMBs Adopting Web Conferencing More
Other News and Insights in Today's For-Fee Version of This Newsletter:
- New spec targets mobile phone security
- Apptix Acquires Mi8 to Assume Dominant Position in the On-Demand Messaging and Collaboration Market for Small and Medium-sized Businesses
- Lucent Technologies to Acquire Mobilitec, a Leading Provider of Content Delivery and Management Software for Carriers
- SurfControl announces continued operational business improvement for the fourth quarter and full year results ended June 30, 2006
Email Archiving Implementation
Free Webinar. Wednesday, September 27, 2006
8:30am Pacific, 11:30am Eastern, 4:30pm UK, 5:30pm CET. One hour duration.
Regulatory concerns and the need to leverage communication records for productivity are driving the increased adoption of email archiving. But implementing archiving in an enterprise can be a complicated process. In this free webinar, Ferris analyst Nancy Cox explores best practices for implementing email archiving, including policy development, system design, software deployment, user communications, and training. Speakers include AXS-One, LiveOffice, MessageLabs, Quest Software, and Waterford Technologies.
Click here to find out more.
ABOUT FERRIS RESEARCH
Ferris Research is an analyst firm specializing on the business use of email and collaborative technologies. Our clients are IT professionals or vendors active in this field.
Topics we cover:
| spam control|| email|
| email retention & archiving|| mobile messaging devices|
| web conferencing|| consumer messaging services|
| email encryption|| email migrations & upgrades|
| regulations compliance|| instant messaging|
| ISP messaging|| team workspaces|
Our main services are:
- Information service for IT professionals. See here
- Information service for vendors of email and collaborative technologies. See here
- Educational white papers, written for vendors. See here
- Recent Ferris Reports:
- Upcoming Ferris Reports:
- Recent Ferris Webinars:
- Upcoming Ferris Webinars:
- Industry Conferences, see here
| | CALL FOR SPEAKERS AT FERRIS WEBINARS
Hosted Exchange, Nov 15
Email Archiving and Usage Policies, Dec 13
Ferris Research is soliciting speakers for the following webinars:
Hosted Exchange, Nov 15. Many organizations would like to outsource their email system. But, with the exception of individuals and small organizations, this hasn't happened. There have been technical challenges, such as slow WAN links and overly chatty client-server protocols, as well as organizational challenges. Now outsourcing Microsoft Exchange is becoming more practical. We discuss major offerings.
Email Archiving and Usage Policies, Dec 13. Many organizations are developing or revising their email archiving and usage policies. Messaging managers and industry consultants present their perspectives on effective policies. Topics include identifying resources for policy development, determining policy needs, implementation, communication, training, and monitoring.
Speakers talk for five to 10 minutes on the topic and are joined by three or four other speakers. Attendees are IT staff supporting email technologies, consultants, vendor product managers, and investors.
The webinars start at 8:30 a.m. PST and last one hour. We typically have at least 500 registrants and around 200 actual attendees, so it's good exposure. Participating vendors also have the opportunity to use the events as lead generators by promoting the event to prospective customers.
In return, we'll give you a six-month subscription to our for-fee news service, which provides comprehensive coverage of messaging and collaboration technology. It's an extremely quick way to keep current with the news, and is normally only available to organizations that subscribe to our full information service. See a sample here.
Please contact Mona Cohen at firstname.lastname@example.org.